Friday, September 11, 2015

Daily Walk/Mdeitation: O for a Contrite Heart!


The Lord gave me an interesting day, today. I was in a bit of a hurry in the morning and had to back a bus to get to mine and I nudged the door and thought I might have slightly broke a mirror. It turns out I didn't break the mirror and the door was fine. But all through the route I was upset about that mirror. And then it dawned on me that I was more upset with a bus mirror than I usually am about my sin!
Then, I went on a two hour walk at Standing Bear Lake. When I got back to my car I found that the passenger side window had been smashed and my wallet stolen. I was just shocked and mad that anyone would do such a thing! But then it dawned on me again that over the course of my whole life I have stolen the honor, glory and love the Lord deserves, and it rarely shocks me or makes me mad or sad.
And then I remembered the two verses the Lord brought to my attention yesterday:
For thus says the One who is high and lifted up,
who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:
“I dwell in the high and holy place,
and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit,
to revive the spirit of the lowly,
and to revive the heart of the contrite. (Isaiah 57:15)

But this is the one to whom I will look:
he who is humble and contrite in spirit
and trembles at my word. (Isaiah 66:2)
May the Lord give me (and us) a contrite and lowly heart that loves Him and His instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This