Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The Value of Wisdom and the Lord


Part of the scenery of the path of my walk.  I have walked 18 miles the last three days as I try to lose some weight.  On my walks I try to pray for people and meditate on God's Word, the Bible.  Today, my meditation was on Proverbs 16:16:  
How much better to get wisdom than gold!
To get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver.
No great thoughts, but I wonder if even one person in a hundred would choose wisdom above Warren Buffett's wealth!  But wisdom is way more valuable than wealth according to Proverbs 16:16!  And if wisdom is that valuable, then how amazingly valuable must the source of all wisdom be, the Lord himself?!

How foolish people are to pursue wealth so fervently, even as they fail to seek the supremely valuable Lord.  If only our blind eyes could see the exceedingly great value of knowing the triune God through his Word, our priorities would change and we would choose understanding and wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This