Friday, July 11, 2014

The Pattern of Worship Comes from Heaven, Not this World

My daughter, Ella, wrote to me: "I just did a google image search for "worship" and then a google image search for "concert crowds" and the images are eerily similar. Both of them out of context appear almost creepy. Do you think church worship services copy concerts or concerts copy church? Or both?""

I answered, "It seems to me to be a clear case of churches copying concerts, since the concerts predate the kinds of worship services now common."

Worship in the Bible is never about copying the world. The copy on earth comes from heaven, and in the New Testament, heaven came down to earth in Jesus Christ. He gives us the pattern of worship in his ministry of teaching and a meal/sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This