Friday, July 11, 2014

An Ancillary Reason for Believing in Hell

Some people have a hard time believing in hell. It is something no one really wants to believe, but it is clearly taught in the Bible, and Jesus taught about it often. So as a Christian, we must believe what our Lord taught.
But there is an ancillary reason I believe in hell, and that is my experience of hell when I walk in my own selfish ways apart from the Lord. I find after a couple days of being away from the Lord my heart is sad, depressed, darkened, and in an anguish that seems near to the description of hell in the Bible.
"But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn,
which shines brighter and brighter until full day.
The way of the wicked is like deep darkness;
they do not know over what they stumble." (Proverbs 4:19-19)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This