Sunday, May 22, 2011

in all honesty: what I'm listening to: last night's sermon

in all honesty: what I'm listening to: last night's sermon

Good post --- worth reading.  What she writes reminds me of the first question of the Heidelberg Catechism:
What is your only comfort in life and in death?  That I am not my own, but belong --- body and soul --- to my faithful Savior, Jesus Christ.
Freedom from ourselves is part of what the gospel saves us from! 

Here is part of her quote from the sermon she quotes:

We who follow Jesus owe him our very lives
he bought us out of the death we deserved at the cost of his life
so that we are owned by him, body and soul.

Freedom is being your own boss, we want to think,
running life your own way -
but wait a minute, that's what sin is -
and when we seek to be independent from God, we become a slave to sin.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This