Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Sola Panel | It’s too much like home

Here is an excellent post from Paul Grimmond and the Sola Panel on the book of Philippians and our heavenly home.

After reading this brief article, I think it is worth remembering that there is a sense in which we already dwell in our heavenly home above. Our fellowship is with Jesus Christ and God our Father, and by faith we already live with them in the Jerusalem above. We are born from above and abiding in Christ means that we are already with him by faith. Isn't this what Jesus means when he says in John 12:26: "If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also."

Jesus goes on to say, "If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him." As we abide in Christ, that is, in our heavenly home by faith, we serve him here on earth and begin to bear his likeness, for isn't this how the Father honors us? Our honor as imaging beings is to reflect the Lord we worship.

The Sola Panel It’s too much like home

Posted using ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This